Presenter: Dr. Lisa Firestone
1.5 CE Credits – $25
What prevents most people from being able to sustain romantic, meaningful relationships that satisfy their needs and desires? Why do people often feel compelled to punish those closest to them? What qualities should a person look for when selecting a partner? What are the factors that determine whether partners will end up experiencing love and fulfillment in their relationship or suffering pain and distress? This workshop with Dr. Lisa Firestone helps answer these questions by providing participants with a theoretical model that integrates psychodynamic, existential and family systems frameworks in a manner that can increase clinicians’ understanding of and ability to assist individuals in developing and maintaining intimacy in their relationships. Interventions are introduced that can lead to enhanced communications, more personal relating and a heightened sense of individuality in each partner.
1. Apply techniques from Voice Therapy to help challenge clients’ negative thoughts toward themselves and their partners.
2. Explain how early childhood traumas limit an individual’s ability to maintain intimacy.
3. Describe how the Fantasy Bond can interfere with couple relationships.
Once payment is received, you will be e-mailed a full video recording of this Webinar along with all CE and presentation materials.
About Lisa Firestone
Dr. Firestone is the Director of Research and Education at The Glendon Association. An accomplished and much requested lecturer, Dr. Firestone speaks at national and international conferences in the areas of couple relations, parenting, and suicide and violence prevention. Dr. Firestone has published numerous professional articles, and most recently was the co-author of Sex and Love in Intimate Relationships (APA Books, 2006), Conquer Your Critical Inner Voice (New Harbinger, 2002), and Creating a Life of Meaning and Compassion: The Wisdom of Psychotherapy (APA Books, 2003).
Continuing Education Information:
* Continuing Education (CE) credits are being offered to mental health professionals through PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER) Participants may earn 1.5 CE credits.” Get CE details here.
* CE Certificates will be mailed out from (PER) 3-4 weeks after completion of the Webinar. For additional CE information contact PER at 800-892-9249 or email email@example.com.
* Appropriate for beginning, intermediate, and advanced level practitioners.
* If you have a special needs questions or have any concerns, please contact Jina@glendon.org or call 805-681-0415.
* Once payment and registration are received, there will be no cancellations or refunds. Should you be unable to listen to the live event, a complete recorded session will be made available to you at no additional charge.